The top 5 signs you desperately need a new website are:
1. Your site is hosted by Geocities or some other free web hosting company, complete with aggravating popups and countless rotating flashy banner ads!
2. Your site uses background music. There may be one person out there that likes it, the other 99% of your visitors closed your page almost immediately.
3. Your site uses a “hit counter” that tells everyone you’ve had 26 visitors since 1998, conveniently alerting your competitors that your site is pretty much irrelevant.
4. Your site still uses HTML “frames.” This practice is not only bad for user interactivity and search engine optimization, but has basically been eclipsed by the evolution of (x)HTML and CSS. Time to upgrade!
5. The footer on your site says “Last Updated on November 23, 2002.” Enough said!
So does your business need a website? Is your existing website outdated and in desperate need of an update to the 21st Century?